It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:14 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bringing Darkshard into the 21st (41st) millenium
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:06 am 
Old Fogey

Sorry.. premature send.

I think the key to reaching other northern Ontario players is for our users to be more proactive in talking to their friends about the site and encouraging them to use it.

Also, the gaming communities in northern Ontario are small. Sudbury is little over 3x the size of North Bay- this is why there is more of a focus on the city of Sudbury- it's not to exclude other communities.

The people organizing tournamenta in these other communities need to be proactive on posting on the site. I think there is a lot of interest in attending events in North bay from sudbury- but none of us know when those events are.

Anyway - that's my two cents.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:32 pm 
Old Fogey

I was actually just looking at our analytics report... north bay only makes up about 4% of our traffic, where as Toronto and southern Ontario makes up about 8%. Maybe Ash is right, we should forget about Northern Ontario and branch out south to Barrie and Toronto?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:12 pm 
Fledgling Adventurer

Quote:
We try to list up other things here like the Barrie Bash and the Parry Sound tournaments. Don't tend to host tournaments in other cities, simply because we're not hosting the tournaments. We simply list tournaments, and if Dark Shard folks can attend we ask if they can bring a banner and help make it a "Dark Shard sponsored event".

i feel like if it being a "dark shard sponsored" event meant we could rely on a guaranteed number of players to attend an event in a different town in a situation that basically went as "hey looks the dark shard guys came out" and say 5 or 6 people attended im 100% positive people would be happy to post about dark shard and the fact that dark shard can be relied on for players and is willing to put the leg work into helping communities grow by helping with numbers/exposure but if it was only like 1 guy then it feel like the minimum is being done so that dark shard can get its ad in at an event

Quote:
EDIT: It'd also be nice to see the Hobby Store in North Bay listed in the "Local Game Stores" tab. Also note, Reckless is still listed there, despite having been closed down for half a year now.

yeah i was gonna say i made a wasted detour based on info from that outdated page

Quote:
Also, the gaming communities in northern Ontario are small. Sudbury is little over 3x the size of North Bay- this is why there is more of a focus on the city of Sudbury- it's not to exclude other communities.

oh i didn't mean that by having alot of events in sudbury is to exclude other communities

but for example we are hoping to start running a bi weekly 40k day soon at the nb store ( i think it should be every week but there isent anyone working at the store who is into 40k that much so without an official capacity we are forced to take small steps) if we posted that we are essentially starting our 40k community in an official capacity so lets make a big deal out of our first day to the 40k section how many people outside of nb would come by to show some support and come out to play some 40k and help with numbers and exposure for a struggling 40k community?

based on my initial/limited exposure to this page i im given the feeling it would be none OR just clarke by his lonesome self as i feel it fair to say he has come out to our last 2 events although we do have the running joke of "hey look the sudbury crew came out" while looking at clarke enter the store by himself

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:32 pm 
Old Fogey

Quote:
but for example we are hoping to start running a bi weekly 40k day soon at the nb store ( i think it should be every week but there isent anyone working at the store who is into 40k that much so without an official capacity we are forced to take small steps) if we posted that we are essentially starting our 40k community in an official capacity so lets make a big deal out of our first day to the 40k section how many people outside of nb would come by to show some support and come out to play some 40k and help with numbers and exposure for a struggling 40k community?

based on my initial/limited exposure to this page i im given the feeling it would be none OR just clarke by his lonesome self as i feel it fair to say he has come out to our last 2 events although we do have the running joke of "hey look the sudbury crew came out" while looking at clarke enter the store by himself

I am 100% up for supporting gaming in North Bay and promoting tournaments and events. The problem is that they are NEVER posted on here. I usually find out a day or two after they happen. There is no one from North Bay on this site promoting events that are held there, which is a huge issue.

Austin used to do it, as did Ian occasionally. I understand there is a sizable KoW community up there as well, but again, no one posts upcoming tournaments or events. I'd be happy to attend if I knew about them a few weeks prior, and they didn't conflict with any other events I might be attending.

But definitely post events and I'll sticky them for sure so they are seen by the community as a whole. That also goes for events in Sault Ste. Marie, Timmins, Parry Sound, and Barrie. I'm willing to help any way I can, but I can't help promote it locally if I don't know about it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:33 pm 
Fledgling Adventurer

me and ian will be taking over events so expect to hear things coming from nb in the coming weeks/ months
i would hope people are willing to follow through and given some notice come out to nb

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:34 pm 
Old Fogey

Good man. Just post it and email me to let me know it's posted, and I'll make sure it gets stickied.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:57 pm 
Heroic Knight

cyrogeddon wrote:
me and ian will be taking over events so expect to hear things coming from nb in the coming weeks/ months
i would hope people are willing to follow through and given some notice come out to nb

I will gladly make it out to some 40k events. But I was told in the past that there generally wasn't room for out of towners. Additionally while I can certainly see the need to get out of town people up for events (which I would happily attend given any notice) I feel that the street should be two ways. In all the 40k events I have ran in the last two year, all of which were advertised here among other places, not one person from North Bay has attended. If we can start getting both communities commuting back and forth I think that would help greatly. I know I could probably get 3-4 people out to come up with me for a Saturday events.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:32 am 
Heroic Knight

cyrogeddon wrote:

Is it cause he has enough plastic crack to play 2 or 3 armies, or cause he's the size of 2 or 3 people? :P
NO OFFENSE MEANT CLARK, LOVE YOU BUD, DON'T EAT ME

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:15 pm 
Fledgling Adventurer

From my experience, Sudbury folks doo make it out to NB for most if not all of the events. Clark is a staple to any event and I know that OJ and 4 others have attended others in the past as well. Just throwing in my 2 cents haha

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:19 am 
Fledgling Adventurer

Quote:
From my experience, Sudbury folks doo make it out to NB for most if not all of the events. Clark is a staple to any event and I know that OJ and 4 others have attended others in the past as well. Just throwing in my 2 cents haha

i frequent the store and have done for the past 2 years now and cant say ive even seen anyone other than clarke and austin from sudbury come out to nb at least for 40k

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next