It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:21 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bringing Darkshard into the 21st (41st) millenium
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:50 am 
Fledgling Adventurer

NB events are a bit light on Sudbury folks for sure, but trust me there have been more then those two who have gone up there haha. But there's also been a lacking of NB presents when it comes to Sudbury as well and I know that there's got to be some mention of those events in NB either by word of mouth through Clark/Austin or by someone there who uses DS at some point too.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:07 am 
Heroic Knight

cyrogeddon wrote:
Quote:
From my experience, Sudbury folks doo make it out to NB for most if not all of the events. Clark is a staple to any event and I know that OJ and 4 others have attended others in the past as well. Just throwing in my 2 cents haha

i frequent the store and have done for the past 2 years now and cant say ive even seen anyone other than clarke and austin from sudbury come out to nb at least for 40k

How about this, if you have bigger events for 40k, like store championships with enough notice I can make myself available, I will do that if you do the same for the bigger events I run.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:10 am 
Battle Buddy

I've gone to a couple events in North Bay, but admittedly I am rarely able to find to find the time. Of course, I rarely am able to find the time for events in Sudbury, Parry Sound, or Barrie too, so it's not like I discriminate ;-). I'm currently trying to attend weekly nights for the League in Sudbury at the moment, but even that I've missed a couple days.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:28 am 
Knight Errant

The WMH guys frequently travel back and forth to support each other.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:32 am 
Old Fogey

I really this is more of an issue with communication. If the event is announced with a reasonable amount of time prior so people can prepare - they will show up.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:19 pm 
Fledgling Adventurer

I'm curious as to what folks define "big events" as? I mean NB isn't as big as Sudbury so what's a big event there maybe considered a small event in Sudbury.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:52 am 
Fledgling Adventurer

Quote:
I'm curious as to what folks define "big events" as? I mean NB isn't as big as Sudbury so what's a big event there maybe considered a small event in Sudbury.

literally any time there is more than 3 or 4 players together at a time its a massive deal because it happens so rarely and is usually because it was an event so for us so something like say a 1500 point casual tourney might sounds small and something that can easily be missed and done again in a month but for us its like a once a year thing ,MAYBE twice ,so its a big deal for us

Quote:
How about this, if you have bigger events for 40k, like store championships with enough notice I can make myself available, I will do that if you do the same for the bigger events I run.

im not sure you understand what the issue is, we have a serious lack of regular players so hosting our own large events are just soooooo out of the question because we simply dont have the player base to support internally large events

as for forming events around stores cooping together im soo not interested in that just because
i dont have any official connection to the store in nb in any way shape or form i just seem to be the only guy in our small 40k community willing to stand up and speak his mind on the issues our 40k community has with the people he would have to talk with to talk/make change and with north bay games and hobbies being really the only store its naturally the place i go to play and so would like to see grow because it would mean a direct growth in the 40k community i want to help improve

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:55 am 
Fledgling Adventurer

Who sets up/runs your events to have roughly two a year? Also on the broader topic of DS, with all the social network tools available I would think it would be easy for someone/anyone to promote any type of event for anywhere in the North and have the help from the DS team to do it as well.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:35 am 
Heroic Knight

If you advertise your events here we can guarantee you promotion, it may or may not directly translate to more heads out there (usually does) but I don't see the harm in trying. If you want a bigger community, advertise your events. As a testament to this, I still get calls on the Reckless line because it's still up on DS (oops gotta take it down :offmylawn: )

Keep in mind, there are quite a few lurkers on these forums as well who show up to events outside of cities based on user feedback here or just people being here and letting their buddies know. I mean heck, im pretty sure NB has KoW because of Sudbury driving up to give demos and introducing it and yet no events are advertised here (which im sure at the very least 1-4 sudbury people would love to drive down for.

All we ask in return is that a dark shard banner or some cards are handed out at the event(any game, doesnt have to be 40k)

If there is some bad blood because of competitiveness, or lists, the easiest way is to just talk about that during the primer for your event. If you don't want people bringing certain types of lists, just let them know. A lot of us up here actual pine for casual events as well. If you need help in writing a concise writeup for your event or day, our team is always more than happy to help with formatting, pictures, propaganda, etc..

At the end of the day I assure you we all want the same thing, to grow the Northern Gaming community because it provides more opportunities for everyone to get some gaming in and a higher chance of finding events for their favorite games. We should all learn to move away from the us vs them mentality and work together to make sure any game that any community is enjoying has exposure and people are able to find a gaming group or event.

Dark Shards' stance has been and always will be community first, we welcome open constructive discussion on how we can better deliver these services to the surrounding area and do genuinely hope all stores are excited to participate and help grow the community as a whole.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:14 am 
Old Fogey

dreadpirate wrote:
I mean heck, im pretty sure NB has KoW because of Sudbury driving up to give demos and introducing it and yet no events are advertised here (which im sure at the very least 1-4 sudbury people would love to drive down for.

Yeah. That happened. Roman and I drove down to North Bay to demo the game and introduce it to the community. Since then, apparently it's crazy popular yet we hear absolutely nothing about it on DS. :?

I don't mind helping out communities, but after that it made me realize there has to be some give and take.

OfflineProfile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next