It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:24 am

Post subject: Site Upgrade Donation Drive
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:02 pm 
Noob

Hi Everyone,
As everyone now knows, we are looking at doing some major digital renovations to Dark Shard after five solid years of being the Northern Ontario Community Gaming Forum.

Dark Shard is good as is, but we are aiming to make it so much better - but we need your help. We are looking at investing in IP Board software to give us a wider breadth of communication options and to really not only serve as a forum, but also an information hub so we get up to the minute news posted directly to our site. I've seen the layout, and it's absolutely awesome what we can do.

In addition to this, we are looking at including tournament software directly into the forum, and creating an interactive chat feature hosted by discord.

Our goal is $700 - that will pay for the software purchase, one year of support and renewal, an upgraded hosting provider for a year and any other minor incidentals that will come up in the upgrade process.

To give you guys incentives to get involved, we are offering the following digital rewards..

$10+ Donation - You get a custom title.
$20+ Donation - You get a visual flare for your avatar.
$100+ Donation - A custom title of your choosing for the three Admins (only three available)
$125+ Donation - You get your very own profile page in the Founders section of the site and the title "Founding Contributor".

In addition to all this, Taylor will be running a fundraising campaign until March 15th, where any commissions during that time will not only receive a special rate, but will also have 50% of the fee donated to Dark Shard to help us get this new software.

Interested? Just click on the image/link below. It will automatically take you to a donation page.

Thanks again!
The Dark Shard Team.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Site Upgrade Donation Drive
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:10 pm 
Old Fogey

As mentioned in the above post, I'm going to be doing a donation drive in painted models. I'll be doing so for a special rate, and 50% of it will be donated to this (as I still have to pay for paint and brushes). If you're interested, PM me, or if you want a more immediate answer, email me at taylor@darkshard.ca

I'll be finishing models as part of a first come/first serve basis. I'm only doing this until March 15th, so get your requests in early.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:20 am 
Heroic Knight

Taylor wrote:
As mentioned in the above post, I'm going to be doing a donation drive in painted models. I'll be doing so for a special rate, and 50% of it will be donated to this (as I still have to pay for paint and brushes). If you're interested, PM me, or if you want a more immediate answer, email me at taylor@darkshard.ca

I'll be finishing models as part of a first come/first serve basis. I'm only doing this until March 15th, so get your requests in early.

How's that gonna work? We give you a model(s) to paint, we pay you at your special rate, then 50% of it goes to Darkshard? Is that right? Sorry, am dumb :3

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:35 am 
Old Fogey

Yup. Exactly. So say you want a single hero model painted, and I say $20. $10 of that goes to DS and $10 of that goes to me - as I still have brushes and paint to refresh every month.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:32 am 
Heroic Knight

Taylor wrote:
Yup. Exactly. So say you want a single hero model painted, and I say $20. $10 of that goes to DS and $10 of that goes to me - as I still have brushes and paint to refresh every month.

Cool! I may have you paint something then ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:36 am 
Old Fogey

No problem. Just remember it's on a first come/first serve basis.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:49 am 
Old Fogey

I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for a spectacular first day! We will have a official update with a graphic and stuff for our first week update so you guys can see where we are at - but after the first day we are almost half way to our goal!!

I want to thank everyone again and let you know that what we plan on doing with this site blew my mind when I first saw it, and I'm sure you guys will equally be impressed!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:29 pm 
Fledgling Adventurer

That's amazing, glad to see the community coming together for this.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:20 pm 
Noob

Update!

Almost half way there. Thank you so much for those who already contributed.

We will not be able to do this without you. Every little bit helps.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:03 pm 
Heroic Knight

Question. Does donating for a certain level grand you the lower level rewards as well? Just wondering.

OfflineProfile